The success of projects in the business intelligence (BI) area of a company depends, to a large extent, on the capacity and performance of the planning system (PS) that takes data from an extensive collection in the operating system (OS). The fact that many customers use the versatile SAP Business Warehouse (SAP BW) as a planning system already constitutes a considerable advantage for them with respect to the integration between the OS and the PS. Yet, integration alone is not everything these days, as performance is also the focus of particular attention. On the one hand, the potential of SAP BW in terms of capacity, functionality as well as performance is huge. On the other hand, for BI projects, the requirements for data content, data quality, data processing as well as data model complexity and response times are constantly growing. Yet, how you keep a close watch on the critical factors that have an effect on the potential of SAP BW while, at the same time, successfully fulfilling the requirements of BI projects is absolutely crucial for the productivity of a company.
We have extensive experience in every aspect that can make a significant contribution to optimising the performance of SAP BW. In particular, these include:
- Layer referencing - in accordance with Layered Scalable Architecture (LSA)
- Data models - BW objects, hierarchies, bracketing, attributes
- Data quantities - extraction and transfer processes, loading procedures, parallelism
- Data enquiries - queries, templates, aggregates
- Regular processes - process chains
- Programmed routines - start and end routines, transformations, filters
- Storage capacity - hard disks, main memories
- Processing - parallel execution of processes optimised for the hardware
For all these aspects, our BI Team can offer best practices, expert knowledge and personalised advice so that the decision makers of each company can get the optimum performance out of a SAP BW system and determine their business strategies on a more sound and efficient basis.